Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Well, shucks.




Rarely, and I mean rarely, do I start reading books and give up on them. I believe you cant truly judge a book until you finish it. (I mean, who knows....maybe there is something ABSOLUTELY amazing at the end that compensates for page after page of worthless material?) This being said, imagine my shame in knowing that in the last week I have decided to stop reading not one, but two, books that were just "not my type." First is The Magicians, by Lev Grossman. Yeah, this is totally not the next Harry Potter for adults. I cannot honestly give it a review because I didn't finish it, so I will keep my mouth shut.

Secondly was Level 26 by Anthony E. Zuiker, the creator of CSI. This one, which is the first "Digi-novel," but by no means the first Digital Novel, wasn't terrible...I just don't think I am quite ready for Mr.Zuiker's unique style in book form. I will continue my appreciation for CSI, however.

After these two failed attempts I decided to try a Juvenile title. I have given in to the 39 Clues. I am currently on the first but I am totally digging this series right now. I think it is a fresh, new idea to re-engage childrens interest in books. I will review once I've read a few more!

No comments:

Post a Comment